Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Things Around Campus...

There are so many new things that have been going on around campus lately that I felt that I needed a whole blog for them all. Some are pretty simple and some are kinda exciting. First of all, they took food surveys in Marbeck at the end of last semester and now we have new and improved cereal bars and salad bars. There's nothing really wrong with the food here. Actually, it's pretty darn good. But it gets real old, real fast. So that's kinda exciting for all the people who live on campus and rely on Marbeck food. Secondly, our fantastic Student Senate (and my personal senator, my pretty roommate) have been working really hard on a lot of things this year. We got clocks in all of the classrooms. That means we can see the time without getting yelled at for checking out phones continuously. Also, we're getting newer television channels. Recently, like two days ago, we got the Food Network! I love the Food Network so I'm a pretty happy girl. There's rumors of getting more channels and maybe even music in the cafeteria. They are doing some really great things. Thirdly, my friends and I have been playing a new game called "College Ball." I have no idea who made it up or even how we heard about it but we've been playing a whole lot of it lately. It's a game in which there are two balls on the pool table and you hit it around. It doesn't sound that awesome but it really is. You'll have to play when you visit campus. And lastly, something pretty personal for me, is that the Psychology Department, where I work, is hiring new professors. One of the professors is resigning and moving closer to her hometown and family. The other professor is taking a sabbatical next spring. That means we need to hire some new professors. Tonight I get to have a meeting with one of the potential professors to see if they seem qualified enough and relateable for students across campus. Let's hope things go well. I really enjoy both the professors we have now but change will be good as well. Wish me luck. :) Hope things are changing for you all in the best possible ways.

One last thing is the quote for the day: Friends are like colors of the rainbow, beautiful and unique alone but perfect and awesome together. Just remember that when you're hanging out with your friends. Everyone is so blessed with great people in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment