Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 2... Already?!

I can't believe that it's week two is almost halfway over. This semester is seventeen weeks long, including exam week. That means we're between 1/9 and 1/8 done with this semester ALREADY! I know I probably seem like I'm wishing this semester away but really I'm just so surprised that it's going so quickly already.

My classes this semester make me feel really apprehensive. I haven't really decided whether this semester is going to go nicely or be rough waters throughout. At times, I feel like, "Well, this is too good to be true." Then the professors start talking about all the projects and papers and things that I need to do for this semester. When they start on that path, I get really scared and overwhelmed and stressed. This semester has me left questioning why the heck did I do this at the same time I'm asking why didn't I do this sooner. I'm completely confused as to how this semester will be. Some days I feel like this is the perfect semester and other days I feel as if my heart is going to explode with all the stress and worry I have.

So far, our health kick has been going really well. It's super nice to have a bunch of really close people to keep me on track. I've been working out on a daily basis for at least 30 minutes. I've been eating so much better, thinking about my fruits and veggies intake and things like that. I've been making sure I get things done early, such as homework and cleaning so I have time for working out and doing other things also. I'm also making two blankets right now for my younger cousins. My days are full and getting fuller but I'm enjoying every day.

One last thing, I found a fantastic quote that relates to every person I know, probably including you too. "Life is a grindstone. But whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us." Remember that the next time you have a bad day. No matter what, make the best of things. Have a great week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment