Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Big Snow of February 2010

Well, as most of Northeast and Midwest America knows, we just/currently experienced a huge snowstorm blanketing places up from a few inches to a few feet. It started around Friday at about 3 o'clock here in Bluffton and even earlier the further south you went. At my home in Indian Lake, Ohio, snow started to fall around noon. I knew that there was little homework and other things that needed to be accomplished this weekend so I knew I wanted to go home and relax while I could. The only problem is that my parents were very unhappy with my choice to drive through this giant snow storm. I left Bluffton at about 5 o'clock and started my long and treacherous journey home. My trip home normally only takes about 45 minutes, a good drive but definitely not too far. The roads were barely visible most of the way but I made it home in one piece about one hour later. Friday night was when most of the snow fell so my family and I stayed in most of the evening. On Saturday morning, it was time to wake up and shovel the giant amounts of snow off of the driveway and cars. It took us a good couple of hours and let me tell you, I am sore EVERYWHERE! I'm thinking a snow thrower is a real good idea for a Christmas present for my parents ASAP. In my hometown's county, Logan County, they were on a level three almost all day on Saturday, meaning if you were caught driving anywhere, you could get in some serious trouble. So that means all of Saturday was spent inside, next to the fire, and do homework. Thankfully, that means that everything is pretty much done for this week. So today, around 1 o'clock, I started my trek home, hoping and praying that it would be a safe trip. The roads weren't too bad though. I didn't have any problems driving back and I even got back around the same time that I would have if there were no snow on the ground. Now it's back to school with homework, classes, work, meetings, and all the joys of walking through the snow. I hope everyone enjoys the beauty of it all and stays out of the cold.

My last thought for the day, as always a current favorite quote: He (or She :) ) who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. Enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment