Monday, February 22, 2010

This past weekend has been interesting at the very least. Saturday was my sister's "Family Day" at her apartment/dorm complex in Lima, Ohio so she invited our two younger cousins and myself to stay with her and experience a day in her life. Though I've been away at college for the last two years, I am still very close to my cousins and sister. My cousins are two boys, Jacob (age 14 going on 30), and Andrew (11 going on 5). I love these two little boys as if they were my brothers, which in some aspects could be considered true. They both are super busy, playing sports for every season and excelling in school. Neither of them have had the chance to visit my or my sister's campuses so it was nice to be able to have them up. Since Lima is halfway to here from home, my aunt dropped them off and told us to take care of them. The boys, of course, wanted a tour of Ashley's complex so we walked around a little and they were so excited. After that, it was about time for dinner and, being poor college students, we decided to treat them to my pre-payed Marbeck meals so they could get a taste (figuratively and literally) of what it's like to live at Bluffton. We drove the 20 minutes from Lima to Bluffton and the boys got to see my room for the first time. They were surprised how nice and clean and big dorm rooms really were. After that was supper time. First of all, these are two growing boys so of course they eat A LOT but these boys were also quite picky. They absolutely loved it here. I spoiled them and let them eat whatever they wanted so of course the meals consisted of pizza, french fries, pop, and ice cream. They thought everything was so good. Next was game time. We went into Bob's and decided to play a few games, such as carpet ball and air hockey. They had a blast, naturally. So since they worked up a thirst playing games, they decided they wanted smoothies and I obliged. Needless to say, I definitely scored some points with these little dudes. The next day, the youngest, Andrew told me he wanted to go to Bluffton like me. At least I could affect one potential student :)


My little quote of the day: Things may never be perfect, but believe me, it'll be worth it :) Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment