Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oh, the Final Weeks

It's just the same as high school, the last weeks are full of finishing projects, giving presentations, and taking final exams. We pack up our lives here at Bluffton and head back to our hometowns to work at Dairy Queens and babysit for the summer. We say goodbye to our classmates, our professors, our roommates, but we never fear because we know we'll see them next year. You always think when you are in high school, "Man, I can't wait to get out of here" but in all reality, you are stuck in high school-like situations all day every day. I can't decide whether that is good or not quite yet. I'll get back to you on that... But anyways, I'm getting to that point where I am so excited to be done with classes and not have to work but I'm also not looking forward to having to move home, get a job, not see my friends every day. I wish we could all just live here all year round and hang out instead of having to go to classes or work or home. That'd be great :)

Now that my roommate and I know where we will be living next year, we've been thinking a lot about planning our room for next year. Our room right now is kinda huge and we love it but we wanted to move to the other side of campus next year. The room we have for next year isn't small but it isn't as big as what we have now so we're trying to figure out how to shove all of our stuff into a smaller room. We're thinking about making lofts. I haven't made anything since 7th grade woodshop when I made a shelf so this is going to be quite an adventure. I'm hoping to make it an adventure in which my dad, my boyfriend, and I can bond while probably injuring ourselves making this thing. Well, I guess blood and sweat has to go into everything homemade, right? :) Well, it's time to go to class to give one of my hundreds of presentations. (I'm just kidding, there aren't hundreds. It just feels that way sometimes haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment